Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Starting Over

Yesterday was Jenn's first day at the nursing home. It felt like it was my first day, too, because it was really different. (Not better or worse, just different.) When I started, I had to figure out how I fit in there, and what I was able to do, without making more work for the staff there. And it took a few days, but then it got a bit more comfortable, and there was a rhythm to the day.

Now we're trying to figure out how Jenn fits in there, so there has been a shift, and I feel like I have to find my place there again, too. Change is a bit overwhelming at times for me, but it's a good thing, because it forces me out of my comfort zone. (This whole trip so far has forced me way out of my comfort zone. It hasn't been easy, but the experience is invaluable.)

Rest assured, we will have found a rhythm again within a couple of days. I'm sure of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment