Thursday, November 12, 2015

Thoughts

I'm down to my last two days at the hogar. It's been a great four weeks here, and I'm going to miss the seniors so much. The staff, too, although I found it easier to connect with some of the seniors because I had more opportunities to chat with them. (The staff there work 12-hour days, and are super-busy the entire time.)

I was the first volunteer that A Broader View has sent to this nursing home. It was a learning experience for everyone, I think, and there are things that could be improved in the future, but I feel like everyone did their best in an unfamiliar situation. I wonder if it will be hard for some of the residents to have volunteers come in, get to know them, and then have them leave a few weeks later. 

I am excited to see Chris on Sunday, though. And looking forward to some travelling, which will be a completely different experience than I've had so far.

1 comment: